Iconography
ARCHITECTURE
Italy
VaralloSacro Monte
Further details
After 1514 Gaudenzio Ferrari reorganized an existing chapel, adding the stucco work and 4 new statues: the Virgin, St. John, and two shepherds. Giovanni d'Enrico added two shepherds and angels playing music. Substantial restoration and renovation in 1896 and 1993.
ARTIST/CREATOR
Ferrari, Gaudenzio (c1470-1546) and Giovanni d'Enrico (1559-1644)
DATE
circa 1514 - circa 1628
LOCATION
Varallo, Sacro Monte (Chapel 7)
Notes on photograph
COLLECTION
Christina Roaf Bequest
DESCRIPTION
Photograph taken by Christina Roaf, c. 1980.
BIBLIOGRAPHIC CITATION
Elena De Filippis, Sacro Monte di Varallo (Borgosesia: Tipolitografia, 2009); Stefania Stefani Perrone, Guida al Sacro Monte di Varallo (Turin: Kosmos, 1995).
Find out more
RELATIONS
Sacro Monte di Varallo (with article by Casimiro Debiaggi)
Acknowledgements
Image digitized with the generous support of the Roaf and Demuth families.
Contact
For comments or queries, please contact photographic.collect@sas.ac.uk