Iconography
ARCHITECTURE
Italy
VaralloSacro Monte
Further details
The chapel was first constructed as a replica of the House of Loreto c. 1514-28. Sculptures c. 1505-10. Frescoes completed c. 1570s. Since the 1570s the Annunciation was resitutated in the complex of Nazareth building which also houses Chapel 3 and 4.
ARTIST/CREATOR
Ferrari, Gaudenzio (c1470-1546) (workshop)
DATE
1st quarter 16th century - circa 1578
LOCATION
Varallo, Sacro Monte (Chapel 2)
Notes on photograph
COLLECTION
Christina Roaf Bequest
DESCRIPTION
Photograph by Christina Roaf c. 1980.
BIBLIOGRAPHIC CITATION
Elena De Filippis, Sacro Monte di Varallo (Borgosesia: Tipolitografia, 2009); Stefania Stefani Perrone, Guida al Sacro Monte di Varallo (Turin: Kosmos, 1995).
Find out more
RELATIONS
Sacro Monte di Varallo (with article by Casimiro Debiaggi), in Italian
Acknowledgements
Image digitized with the generous support of the Roaf and Demuth families.
Contact
For comments or queries, please contact photographic.collect@sas.ac.uk